Thursday, April 1, 2010

Mini Zoomer Manifesto


Why I decided to run for Mayor at the age of 71.

First of all, I need the work. I'm living on four pensions, and whatever part-time work I get. I understand this gig pays handsomely and I'm willing to share it with two co-mayors.
Second first-of-all, I'm tired of all the whining and complaining, especially my own. I can't continue to point fingers and say "why aren't they better than they are." I have to stand up and do something about it.

Third first-of-all was this photo to the right. I take this personally.

Fourth first-of-all was this headline. If our government can't provide us with clean, safe air, what can they do? That's the least we're entitled to, to breathe!

Why I believe I'm the perfect Zoomer candidate:

I am robustly healthy, vigorous and energetic. Because I've been a performer for almost 50 years, apparently I have the gift of the gab. I've also studied with some of the brightest minds of the 20th century and hope to bring their teachings into the municipal forum. While I still have the passion, I can still rant and rave if I have to, sing and dance as I prefer, and speak from my generation of our needs, concerns and aspirations. Let me carry your banner.

No comments:

Post a Comment